Bug Bounty | 3Commas
Firstly, thank you for your interest in our Bug Bounty program and helping us to make our platform stronger and safer. Even with the best efforts of our expert team and making every effort to squash bugs in our systems, there's always the chance that we might have missed one that poses a significant threat.
If you discover a bug, we welcome your cooperation in responsibly investigating and reporting it to us so that we can address it as soon as possible.
Responsible Investigation and Reporting
Responsible investigation and reporting includes, but isn't limited to, the following:
- Don't violate the privacy of other users, destroy data, disrupt 3Commas services, etc.
- Only target your own accounts in the process of investigating the bug. Don't target, attempt to access, or otherwise disrupt the accounts of other users.
- Don't target our physical security measures, or attempt to use social engineering, spam, distributed denial of service (DDOS) attacks, etc.
- Initially report the bug only to us and not to anyone else.
- Give us a reasonable amount of time to fix the bug before disclosing it to anyone else, and give us adequate written warning before disclosing it to anyone else.
- Don’t flood or spam us asking for a reward after providing the bug. Please wait until we contact you.
In general, please use good reason and judgement to investigate and report bugs in good faith in order to not be disruptive or harmful to our platform or our users. Otherwise, your actions might be interpreted as hostile rather than an effort to be helpful.
Generally speaking, any bug that poses a significant vulnerability, either to the security of our site and users, or the integrity of our trading system, could be eligible for reward.
Rewards are given entirely at our discretion to decide whether a bug is significant enough to be eligible, for example, please don’t automatically assume that any time you spend in advance trying to find bugs will be rewarded.
Security issues that typically would be eligible (though not necessarily in all cases) include:
- Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF).
- Cross-Site Scripting (XSS).
- Code Injection.
- Remote Code Execution.
- Privilege Escalation.
- Authentication Bypass.
- Leakage of Sensitive Data.
Things that are not eligible for reward include:
- Vulnerabilities on sites hosted by third parties (https://help.3commas.io, etc) unless they lead to a vulnerability on the main website.
- Vulnerabilities contingent on physical attack, social engineering, spamming, DDOS attack, etc.
- Vulnerabilities affecting outdated or unpatched browsers.
- Vulnerabilities in third party applications that make use of a service API.
- Bugs that have not been responsibly investigated and reported.
- Bugs already known to us, or already reported by someone else (reward goes to first reporter).
- Issues that aren't reproducible.
- Issues that we can't reasonably be expected to do anything about.
- The minimum reward for eligible bugs is the equivalent of 100 USDT (ERC 20).
- Rewards over the minimum are at our discretion, but we will pay significantly more for particularly serious issues.
- Only one reward per bug.
How to Report a Bug
- Send your bug report to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Try to include as much information in your report as you can, including a description of the bug, its potential impact, and steps for reproducing it or proof of concept, video of exploits are very useful.
- Include your ERC20 USDT address for payment (payment transactions may take up to 30 days to be processed).
- Please allow 5 business days for us to respond before sending another email.